Monday, October 31, 2011

Roanoke - An Unsolved Mystery from History Persuasive Essay

I am so excited about the lesson we are going to be doing!  Jennifer Woods has really come up with a stellar idea and it will be a blast to teach.  She is going to be able to get to it earlier than I will be, but I'll be eager to hear how it goes and to see how her students do before I teach it.  The idea is going to be teaching a persuasive essay.  We will be reading the book titled, Roanoke—An Unsolved Mystery from History by Heidi Stemple and Jane Yolen to the students.  They will have to choose one of the different thoughts as to what happened to the Roanoke colonists.  They will have to be able to answer the readers concerns and have a solid answer for their side. 

It was really fun to hear about this idea and to develop it with a team!  I love working with teachers from schools that are not similar to mine.  I feel that the levels of creativity differ in schools with a different population.  It is always a true pleasure to work with different people!!  I look forwards to meeting next month to learn more and see how the lesson went in Jennifer's class!!

No comments:

Post a Comment